How to build an email list in a simple way?
The simplest way to build an email list is to get visitors to a landing page, excite those viewers with the website’s content, and then offer them something that adds to or completes the value on that website in exchange for their email. So if you sold guides on how to box, you would share a page full of key knowledge from boxing experts and then offer an ebook for a full beginner to expert training routine e-brochure. People have to sign up via email to get the brochure sent to their inbox, and from then on until they unsub, you can contact them with more emails to promote more products.
Seems easy, right? But the actual implementation requires a series of sub-steps to check off.
Being an email marketer myself, I would suggest you implement every possible way, and experiment with a lot of different things over time, but keep them all centered around the strategy I just outlined above. To that end, here are five tips for building an email list:
1) Lead Magnets: To turn people into leads when they haven’t heard about your business, a lead magnet is an effective way to cut through the initial skepticism and suspicion of cold traffic. A lead magnet is a free offer that a business gives to its customers in exchange for their email addresses or other contact information. Examples of lead magnets include ebooks, case studies, access to tutorials, giveaways, discounts, and other freebies.
2) Landing Page Promotion: You can promote landing pages for email lead capture on places such as on LinkedIn, Facebook, online discussion forums, communities, etc., which can help you to build an email list quickly. Just ensure that you don’t spam, and that any back-linking you do feels appropriate, or else you will get banned or blacklisted from those groups.
3) Popup Forms: Popup forms are highly effective. They are successful in getting the immediate attention of the visitors to a website. A popup form for a website can be made that asks users to sign up for a newsletter, contests, etc, usually by offering a lead magnet. The over-usage of popup forms is also annoying, so make sure that you use them wisely and do not irritate your visitors.
4) Social Media: Social media platforms are simple to use and an effective way of building an email list. Since the rise of Facebook, digital advertising forms have become cheaper and more flexible to use. You can build your business/website’s profile on social media websites and have CTAs to drive your followers to your website or simply ask for their email addresses. Most online cold leads nowadays are generated from social media, as people spend most of their time there. You can look for more creative ways of getting the maximum output from social media on your own time, as it’s too huge a topic to dive into here. If you need help, please don’t hesitate to ask me.
5) Gamification: Gamification can help you build an email list in a way that interests visitors and keeps them more involved and aware of your brand. You don’t have to make something complicated. Merely appealing visuals help catch the attention of visitors. Gamification aspects, such as a spinning prize wheel, can help customers have more fun with your brand. Raffles and other contests are also considered games.
Looking beyond the above, there can be other more specific ways that work best for your business/website. Feel free to share some more details about your business if you’d like more specific advice. You can also explore the Knowledge Base section on my website where you can see my answers to similar questions.
If I talk about myself, the simplest way for me has been the List Warrior (LW) method. For email list building, I apply it frequently. Though I am new to LW, I have a decade of experience in digital/ email marketing. It is undeniable that email list building comes with a lot of initial hurdles. With LW, you can build an email list in a way that costs nothing or little to nothing and adds up quickly. It’s worked better than anything else I’ve done. If you are interested, you can read its review on my website.
In conclusion, all the suggestions in this answer for building an email list are simple and easy to implement. You can choose any way that suits you, just commit to it for a while and then gradually expand to new methods.
Reach out to me if you have any questions.