What’s that single rule for online advertising?

You are here:
< All Topics

Three common rules apply for most products and services in advertising. Let’s see if we can determine a winner among those three or not.

#1 Identify and showcase your USP:

USP stands for Unique Selling Point. Identifying the USP of your product/brand, and then presenting it to people most likely to want that USP, is the foundation of a successful online ad campaign. Even if a product is a commodity, there will be distinct audiences that want the product for different reasons. For example, women typically buy jewelry, but men also buy it as gifts for women. Both buyers want the same product type, but have different demographics and are likely to respond to different forms of advertising compared to what the women audiences respond to.

#2 Researching your products and users:

An extension of #1, pretty self-explanatory. In discovering what matters about your product the most to certain people, you also slowly unravel the full picture of what different audiences you appeal to most with that USP. The more you learn about them, the more you earn from them.

#3 Innovative ad creatives and concepts:

In my experience with advertising, about 75 percent of your project should be clearly modeled after the success of other campaigns, and that remaining 25 percent should be all-new, something totally different you think might be worth trying. Compared to how many ads we see on a daily basis, we remember very few, and usually, the ones we remember are for distinct cases where the ad resonated with us for some reason. Take that same idea and see how to make it work for your own marketing.

If I had to pick a top rule among these, I’d actually make it #3, with the caveat that you need to work at it consistently and keep trying new ideas. Somewhere in your line of ideas, one of them is worth a lot of, you just have to test your way until you find it.

If you want more on this topic, you can read “Welcome to a World Without Advertising”, that’s a post on my website. You’ll get some deeper insights into what I said about #3 and how to use it.

If you have any questions, feel free to reply or message me.

Thanks,

Cleo





Previous What is the importance of paid advertising in marketing?
Next Why businesses use online advertising?
Table of Contents
RSS
Follow by Email
Facebook
YouTube
YouTube
Instagram